Saturday, May 12, 2012

Going out on a limb -- listing handmade baby clothes in my Etsy shop!

I held off on doing this for a while because I wasn't sure if my sewing skills were strong enough, but I am (hopefully) ready to give it a shot now -- I'm putting a few little baby outfits up for sale on Etsy.  I wanted to wait until I had at least three things to list, but it's taken me quite a while to get two made up and photographed and listed, so I decided to start there.  The first one, a gray romper, is similar to the yellow and pink one I made H for Easter -- although I made some changes.  For instance, this one has fabric ties at the shoulders to make it more adjustable.  I'm not 100% sure about making more of these for sale (I kind of obsessed over every detail, so it took forever).  So I'm just listing the one that's done for now.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/99487207/shoulder-tie-fleur-de-lis-bubble-romper?ref=v1_other_2

The second thing is a seersucker halter sunsuit -- very retro.  I thought about doing ruffles on the backside, but those are so ubiquitous right now, I decided to go with the butt bow instead.  :-)  I made this one for H; if anyone orders one they will get theirs made to order.  H has gotten lots of compliments on it, so I'm hopeful someone else will want one.  I'm pretty proud of the frilled halter neckline because I've never seen anything just like that before.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/99693781/seersucker-halter-sunsuit-with-neckline

It's so weird to write the listings.  I want them to sound good but don't want to oversell it!  I have one big thing going in my favor, though -- my model.  I know it's obnoxious to say so, but she's pretty dang cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Going out on a limb -- listing handmade baby clothes in my Etsy shop!

I held off on doing this for a while because I wasn't sure if my sewing skills were strong enough, but I am (hopefully) ready to give it a shot now -- I'm putting a few little baby outfits up for sale on Etsy.  I wanted to wait until I had at least three things to list, but it's taken me quite a while to get two made up and photographed and listed, so I decided to start there.  The first one, a gray romper, is similar to the yellow and pink one I made H for Easter -- although I made some changes.  For instance, this one has fabric ties at the shoulders to make it more adjustable.  I'm not 100% sure about making more of these for sale (I kind of obsessed over every detail, so it took forever).  So I'm just listing the one that's done for now.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/99487207/shoulder-tie-fleur-de-lis-bubble-romper?ref=v1_other_2

The second thing is a seersucker halter sunsuit -- very retro.  I thought about doing ruffles on the backside, but those are so ubiquitous right now, I decided to go with the butt bow instead.  :-)  I made this one for H; if anyone orders one they will get theirs made to order.  H has gotten lots of compliments on it, so I'm hopeful someone else will want one.  I'm pretty proud of the frilled halter neckline because I've never seen anything just like that before.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/99693781/seersucker-halter-sunsuit-with-neckline

It's so weird to write the listings.  I want them to sound good but don't want to oversell it!  I have one big thing going in my favor, though -- my model.  I know it's obnoxious to say so, but she's pretty dang cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.