Sunday, May 20, 2012

Try it, you'll thank me later.

I made a cherry amaretto cake at Easter and have been trying to figure out ways to drink the amaretto ever since. Well, tonight inspiration struck. Is this a cocktail? Dessert? Whatever--this was one of those "where have you been all my life?" moments.

Amaretto Root Beer Float

1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla is so good)
1 oz amaretto liqueur, such as Disaronno
A cup or so of root beer (I used diet and it was great, but a really great root beer would doubtless be better)
A splash of cherry juice or grenadine

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Try it, you'll thank me later.

I made a cherry amaretto cake at Easter and have been trying to figure out ways to drink the amaretto ever since. Well, tonight inspiration struck. Is this a cocktail? Dessert? Whatever--this was one of those "where have you been all my life?" moments.

Amaretto Root Beer Float

1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla is so good)
1 oz amaretto liqueur, such as Disaronno
A cup or so of root beer (I used diet and it was great, but a really great root beer would doubtless be better)
A splash of cherry juice or grenadine

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.