Thursday, June 14, 2012

Little Boy's Reversible Vest

This handsome little boy's vest is for a very handsome little boy I know (his mom is one of my oldest friends).  I had SO much fun making it!  It has thrown me into the mood to do some projects for the other small boys I know, so I've been pinning little boy fabrics like crazy.  I'm sure all my Pinterest friends think I'm pregnant again! (Nope.)



Anyway, I was a little worried about matching up the stripes and checks, but I actually think they ended up being a help rather than a hindrance.  They made it easy to make sure I was lining things up (like the buttonholes).  And don't you love a reversible garment for a small child?  If he spills chocolate milk at lunch, whip it to the other side and nobody's the wiser!



The pattern is from Hadley Grace and the fabric is (no surprises here) from Michael Miller's Sarah Jane Children at Play line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Little Boy's Reversible Vest

This handsome little boy's vest is for a very handsome little boy I know (his mom is one of my oldest friends).  I had SO much fun making it!  It has thrown me into the mood to do some projects for the other small boys I know, so I've been pinning little boy fabrics like crazy.  I'm sure all my Pinterest friends think I'm pregnant again! (Nope.)



Anyway, I was a little worried about matching up the stripes and checks, but I actually think they ended up being a help rather than a hindrance.  They made it easy to make sure I was lining things up (like the buttonholes).  And don't you love a reversible garment for a small child?  If he spills chocolate milk at lunch, whip it to the other side and nobody's the wiser!



The pattern is from Hadley Grace and the fabric is (no surprises here) from Michael Miller's Sarah Jane Children at Play line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.