Saturday, June 30, 2012

Reversible buttonless pinafore top



I made this one a few weeks ago, but I don't think I've blogged about it yet... It's been one of our go-to shirts this summer. I probably put it on her about once a week. It's a reversible pinafore top, but what makes this one special in my mind is that there are no buttons. So it makes up really fast -- maybe 60-90 minutes. It does sometimes take me a second to figure out how to get it on right, but as I may have mentioned before, my spatial reasoning skills are rather poor.

The pattern is from AliyahsHopeChest on Etsy. Only $2 for a one-size pattern! I will definitely buy it again in different sizes. I top-stitched all around, which wasn't called for in the pattern, but which helps keep it from needing a ton of ironing.

Fabric is from Timeless Treasures' Elephant Showers line.

Side 1 

Side 2

And the crossed straps make a good safety handle!





2 comments:

  1. Love it! That is just the kind I used to make for you when you were little. I'll have to show you the pictures. You did a great job and the handle aspect is a clear plus!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Reversible buttonless pinafore top



I made this one a few weeks ago, but I don't think I've blogged about it yet... It's been one of our go-to shirts this summer. I probably put it on her about once a week. It's a reversible pinafore top, but what makes this one special in my mind is that there are no buttons. So it makes up really fast -- maybe 60-90 minutes. It does sometimes take me a second to figure out how to get it on right, but as I may have mentioned before, my spatial reasoning skills are rather poor.

The pattern is from AliyahsHopeChest on Etsy. Only $2 for a one-size pattern! I will definitely buy it again in different sizes. I top-stitched all around, which wasn't called for in the pattern, but which helps keep it from needing a ton of ironing.

Fabric is from Timeless Treasures' Elephant Showers line.

Side 1 

Side 2

And the crossed straps make a good safety handle!





2 comments:

  1. Love it! That is just the kind I used to make for you when you were little. I'll have to show you the pictures. You did a great job and the handle aspect is a clear plus!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.