Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boy project! Baylor shorts

It's always fun to switch things up and do something for a little boy. I recently made these reversible shorts for the incredibly handsome one-year-old son of a friend and former college roommate.  


Baylor doesn't license fabric (WHYYYY???) so if you want to sew a Baylor project for a little one, you have to find green and gold fabrics... not always easy, but I thought these worked really well.  I also had the perfect shades of green and gold thread, so the thread is pretty much invisible.  Love that!


I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I used a pants pattern (same I used for H's reversible shorts) and made them into pretty long shorts so they'd be long enough to cuff and still look boyish.  Nothing too fancy, but they turned out as nice and neat as I could hope for a gift, so I was tickled.

Of course, I had fully intended to make these in mid-summer when he would still have plenty of time to wear them, but they're long enough that he may be able to wear them net year, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boy project! Baylor shorts

It's always fun to switch things up and do something for a little boy. I recently made these reversible shorts for the incredibly handsome one-year-old son of a friend and former college roommate.  


Baylor doesn't license fabric (WHYYYY???) so if you want to sew a Baylor project for a little one, you have to find green and gold fabrics... not always easy, but I thought these worked really well.  I also had the perfect shades of green and gold thread, so the thread is pretty much invisible.  Love that!


I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I used a pants pattern (same I used for H's reversible shorts) and made them into pretty long shorts so they'd be long enough to cuff and still look boyish.  Nothing too fancy, but they turned out as nice and neat as I could hope for a gift, so I was tickled.

Of course, I had fully intended to make these in mid-summer when he would still have plenty of time to wear them, but they're long enough that he may be able to wear them net year, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.