Monday, November 19, 2012

Baylor Outfit Overload!

The first weekend in November was Baylor Homecoming, one of my favorite weekends of the year, so I spent the week between Halloween and Homecoming sewing furiously to complete a little collection of Baylor-themed outfits for H to wear.  As usual, I went a little crazy and overboard, but I had fun with it.

The first thing I made was a shorter version of CINO's Ice Cream Social Dress for her to wear as a top. I couldn't find anything with bears on it that was the right color, but I thought this fabric was pretty cute even if the green was totally wrong. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this one in the wild. She wore it Friday night to the dinner for the "honor classes." Yep, it's been ten years since N and I graduated from college.  Ouch!



The second top I whipped up was even easier, if that's possible, but it may have ended up being my favorite.  It's a pillowcase top made of the same fabric I used for my Gameday Tank.  I totally chickened out on having us wear matching tops to the parade or the game, so we wore them to the zoo together on Sunday.  I actually didn't feel as silly as I thought I would, so I kind of wish I had gone for it.



The third and most ambitious project was this green and gold peasant dress with baby bear applique.  I did the same applique on her Homecoming outfit last year and really liked it.  I'm not very good at applique, and this is a pretty hard shape, so it's far from perfect, but still pretty cute.  I actually didn't love this dress when it was all said and done.  Halfway through the parade Saturday, I realized what I don't like about it.  It's too short.  So I had her wear her skinny jeans under it for the game, and I liked that look (marginally) better.




Being silly at the parade.

Exploring at the children's museum in the Mayborn.
See? Short.

Last year's version of the applique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Baylor Outfit Overload!

The first weekend in November was Baylor Homecoming, one of my favorite weekends of the year, so I spent the week between Halloween and Homecoming sewing furiously to complete a little collection of Baylor-themed outfits for H to wear.  As usual, I went a little crazy and overboard, but I had fun with it.

The first thing I made was a shorter version of CINO's Ice Cream Social Dress for her to wear as a top. I couldn't find anything with bears on it that was the right color, but I thought this fabric was pretty cute even if the green was totally wrong. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this one in the wild. She wore it Friday night to the dinner for the "honor classes." Yep, it's been ten years since N and I graduated from college.  Ouch!



The second top I whipped up was even easier, if that's possible, but it may have ended up being my favorite.  It's a pillowcase top made of the same fabric I used for my Gameday Tank.  I totally chickened out on having us wear matching tops to the parade or the game, so we wore them to the zoo together on Sunday.  I actually didn't feel as silly as I thought I would, so I kind of wish I had gone for it.



The third and most ambitious project was this green and gold peasant dress with baby bear applique.  I did the same applique on her Homecoming outfit last year and really liked it.  I'm not very good at applique, and this is a pretty hard shape, so it's far from perfect, but still pretty cute.  I actually didn't love this dress when it was all said and done.  Halfway through the parade Saturday, I realized what I don't like about it.  It's too short.  So I had her wear her skinny jeans under it for the game, and I liked that look (marginally) better.




Being silly at the parade.

Exploring at the children's museum in the Mayborn.
See? Short.

Last year's version of the applique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.