Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Knitted neckwarmer

With colder weather coming in, I wanted something for H to wear around her neck, but I knew a scarf didn't stand a chance ... and wasn't sure whether it would have been the safest thing for a busy toddler anyway.  So I started searching for cowl and neckwarmer patterns and eventually found this one by Pickles.

I only made the neckwarmer, not the whole set. I may go back and make the hat later, but probably not the mittens.  Knitting mittens is probably a bit outside my skill level at the moment, and doesn't look like that much fun to me, so I'm in no hurry to learn.  The neckwarmer was pretty easy, and was my first knit-in-the-round project.  (I put that off long enough, huh? I've been knitting ten years!)

The yarn I used was the same chunky, soft baby yarn I used to make her baby blanket. I think it may be a Lion Brand Vanna White yarn, although I'm not sure. I followed the pattern except used only a single strand where a double strand was called for, and, obviously, used only one color.  The finished product is a little larger than I expected, but that's great -- she'll get more wear out of it.


Okay, so this isn't the best picture. In fact, all I can see when I look at it is how darn skinny she looks! (We've had the stomach bug this week and are all still trying to regain our strength.) But it gives you an idea.  I'll try to replace this with a better picture later! The cream color actually looks really pretty against her peaches-and-cream skin.  Not that I am an unbiased judge!

3 comments:

  1. Ach! The neck warmer is adorable, but baby-girl has lost so much weight! Hope y'all are feeling better so you can start fattening her up again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She actually doesn't look nearly so bad in person, but she is definitely too thin for my liking. I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow to be on the safe side.

      Delete
    2. I know! She actually doesn't look nearly so bad in person, but she is definitely too thin for my liking. I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow to be on the safe side.

      Delete

Be nice.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Knitted neckwarmer

With colder weather coming in, I wanted something for H to wear around her neck, but I knew a scarf didn't stand a chance ... and wasn't sure whether it would have been the safest thing for a busy toddler anyway.  So I started searching for cowl and neckwarmer patterns and eventually found this one by Pickles.

I only made the neckwarmer, not the whole set. I may go back and make the hat later, but probably not the mittens.  Knitting mittens is probably a bit outside my skill level at the moment, and doesn't look like that much fun to me, so I'm in no hurry to learn.  The neckwarmer was pretty easy, and was my first knit-in-the-round project.  (I put that off long enough, huh? I've been knitting ten years!)

The yarn I used was the same chunky, soft baby yarn I used to make her baby blanket. I think it may be a Lion Brand Vanna White yarn, although I'm not sure. I followed the pattern except used only a single strand where a double strand was called for, and, obviously, used only one color.  The finished product is a little larger than I expected, but that's great -- she'll get more wear out of it.


Okay, so this isn't the best picture. In fact, all I can see when I look at it is how darn skinny she looks! (We've had the stomach bug this week and are all still trying to regain our strength.) But it gives you an idea.  I'll try to replace this with a better picture later! The cream color actually looks really pretty against her peaches-and-cream skin.  Not that I am an unbiased judge!

3 comments:

  1. Ach! The neck warmer is adorable, but baby-girl has lost so much weight! Hope y'all are feeling better so you can start fattening her up again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She actually doesn't look nearly so bad in person, but she is definitely too thin for my liking. I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow to be on the safe side.

      Delete
    2. I know! She actually doesn't look nearly so bad in person, but she is definitely too thin for my liking. I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow to be on the safe side.

      Delete

Be nice.