Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hummingbird seersucker sunsuit

Right at a year ago, I was making little baby hummingbird dresses for two baby girls (cousins) who were named for their late, precious, hummingbird-loving great-grandmother.  When we were invited to a hummingbird-themed first birthday party for one of these sweet girls, I was so excited to make her a little present. I have so missed making little baby girl clothes! And I knew I wanted to incorporate another hummingbird, which would be a fun challenge to keep it babyish enough for a one-year-old.

I think that's enough hummingbirds for one paragraph!

Here's what I eventually came up with, which I think fits the bill. It's another iteration of Little Betty's ruffled sunsuit, which was one of the first things I made H when she was little, and what got me into sewing seriously. 

I just love this vintage style! I also think it works really well with the seersucker. The hummingbird redwork embroidery (from a file I got on Etsy), red rose buttons, and the red rolled hem on the ruffles make it a little funky, I think!


Little J will definitely be as cute going as she is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hummingbird seersucker sunsuit

Right at a year ago, I was making little baby hummingbird dresses for two baby girls (cousins) who were named for their late, precious, hummingbird-loving great-grandmother.  When we were invited to a hummingbird-themed first birthday party for one of these sweet girls, I was so excited to make her a little present. I have so missed making little baby girl clothes! And I knew I wanted to incorporate another hummingbird, which would be a fun challenge to keep it babyish enough for a one-year-old.

I think that's enough hummingbirds for one paragraph!

Here's what I eventually came up with, which I think fits the bill. It's another iteration of Little Betty's ruffled sunsuit, which was one of the first things I made H when she was little, and what got me into sewing seriously. 

I just love this vintage style! I also think it works really well with the seersucker. The hummingbird redwork embroidery (from a file I got on Etsy), red rose buttons, and the red rolled hem on the ruffles make it a little funky, I think!


Little J will definitely be as cute going as she is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.